So, now that Summer has raced on by like it tends to do I thought I would take a look back at some of the goals and plans I made when the season first started to see how I did. You might remember this post where I laid out my lofty plans.
I actually impressed myself on this front and did more reading this Summer than I have in years. I can't believe I let this hobby slip away from me from time to time and I shutter to think of all the books I have missed out on when I have been in a 'lazy reader' phase. Just about everything I read was good and a few things were great. My favorite read of the season was The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz. That one is going on the favorites list for sure. What were your favorite reads this Summer?
2. Travel. oops I forgot to do this one. Remember how I said I was going to learn my way around Minneapolis? yeah, that didn't quite happen. But hey, I can always make that my Autumn goal, right?
3. Bike riding. YES! I didn't get out every single day but I'd say just about 2-3 times per week which is pretty good for me. I'm already sad about putting it away when the weather turns so I guess I better squeeze in a few more rides before that happens.
4. Quilts. Well...I didn't get as far as I wanted. I did get almost all the quilting on one of the quilts done and then got ...distracted. Is it normal to take 3+ years to make two twin sized quilts?
5. Visitors. Yes, the highlights of our Summer! Thanks everyone who made the journey!
6. House browsing. Okay, I failed on this front as well. I promised just to look and not buy but then...
Well, we bought a house.
I know I know, it's a little nutty. I really fell hard for this one and just felt like we should move on it before someone else did. So we did and we got it and we move tomorrow! It wasn't exactly what we planned to do but we do feel a certain sense of destiny with this house in spite of a lot of stress that has come along with the closing process we feel like it's 'meant to be'. And yes, this means that for the past few weeks I have been packing up everything we own for the second time in a year but I swear, I am not doing this again for at least another decade, if not more. Seriously.
I'll be in internet limbo for a few days and then I hope to get settled and maybe even share some photos!
I hope you all are looking back fondly on your Summer and looking ahead with eager anticipation to the coming Fall!