Thursday, December 1, 2011

these are a few of my favorite things

Well, the frenzy of the Holiday Season has begun over here and while I am happy to be so busy I am also finding it hard to come up with much to share here besides, "AGH! I'm so busy!!" Oh, I'm sorry, did I let a wee bit of panic creep into that last statement? Forgive me, I meant to hide that a little better. No really, it will all get done, it always does, right?

Anyway, I thought I would at least check in here and share some of the things I have been loving lately that you might love too. 

1. The Target Daily Deal. Wow there are some bargains there. Definitely worth checking out. They have great prices and free shipping on the selected items each day. Thanks Target!

 2. My little pick me up and keep me goings: mmmmmmm..........
 3. Netflix! If you embroider you know that one of the great things about it is that you can often do it in front of a screen. Thank you Netflix for sending me some lovely movies to stitch by this season. Three recently watched goodies I recommend are: Temple Grandin, Tree of Life (I came so close to sending this one back 20 minutes into it but am so glad I didn't!), and then for something a little lighter - Bridesmaids.
 4. Sleeping Queens. I searched for this card game for months after my 6 year old nephew introduced it to me in June. We finally found it at Barnes and Noble about a week ago and have been playing it ever since. It's easy to learn, great for all ages, and the graphics are adorable. You can't go wrong with this one. Plus each round is just 15 - 30 minutes long so you can squeeze in a game or two amid the Holiday madness.
 5. Go-Gos (no, not the 80's band). Okay I admit, when Peter decided he had to have these I did have my doubts. I wasn't too excited about having them all over the house and about another 'collection/obsession' to deal with. Turns out I love these guys. They really are so innocent and with so much other garbage out there that he could be into, I'm glad he picked the cute little things that don't carry weapons. Plus he actually plays with them. He makes up scenes, organizes them, trades them, writes stories about them, and draws them. Currently we are even helping him make a stop motion animation video starring go-gos of course (with a small cameo from a Bionicle). I admit, it's really fun. So when Peter's Christmas wish list is comprised of 90% go-gos I'm okay with that.
So, there is my round up of current loves. What are you loving these days?


Michelle said...

Where do I find Go-Gos? My little guy would absolutely love them.

And I totally agree with you about Netflix -- I was gushing about it on my own blog a couple of days ago.

Corinne said...

Hi Michelle,
We usually find go-gos at Target or Walgreens. At Target they put them with the trading cards. :)