Sunday, January 8, 2012

don't get me started

 I did not intend to leave the library with this the other day but there it was yelling at me to bring it home so into the bag it went. You can understand this, right? Of course you can. 
Anyway, regardless of it's beautiful introduction, I would have normally skipped over this chapter but found myself a little memorized instead. Aren't these textures fun?
 I've never tried needlepoint but this book sure makes you want to give it a go, doesn't it?
You can see the potential can't you? I knew you could.
I know what you are thinking, "Corinne, didn't you say you were going to learn how to crochet?? And what ever happened to the quilts you were making for your sons?" Okay okay, you're right. I will put needlepoint on the 'someday' craft list. If you have tried it though, please tell me what you think. I need to know if I should put it on the top or the bottom of the list.

7 comments:

trash said...

I remember doing that bargello at school in Mrs Heighway's craft class. All a bit fiddly for me at the time but if you ever get to your 'someday' I would be interested to see how you get on.

Mary Ann said...

I used to do needlepoint quite a bit when I was a teenager and really enjoyed it. Once you get the basics down you can cover the canvas quite quickly. I also did petite point which I loved.

Melissa Crowe said...

I do SO understand, and I can't wait to see where this new rabbit hole takes you. ;-)

vjtinerrn said...

I really love and kind of needlework and crochet, sew, quilt, cross-stitch. counted cross-stitch, and needlepoint. I think needlepoint is way easier than counted cross-stitch. Remember the great words of Mae West: Too Much of a Good Thing is Wonderful!!!!

Liz Smith said...

Definitely on top of the list! It's a wonderful craft - very relaxing - especially if you get a printed canvas. No counting and you can just get into the stitching groove! Way cool!

Julie said...

I have a French stitch encyclopedia book and have the *exact* same reaction to the needlepoint section every time I flip through it. I'm sure I will find a great excuse to play with those textures eventually - they're so tempting!

Sarah said...

I love needlepoint - it can be really relaxing and great for car trips or watching movies. Its easy to learn - especially if you already do some sort of needlework.