Friday, January 13, 2012

so, what do...

Brooke Burke Charvet and I have in common? (I know, this is tough one!)
We are both in Ladies Home Journal this month! Even though I have known about this for close to a year it wasn't hard to keep it under wraps because I honestly did not believe it would really happen until I saw it myself. Last Spring I was contacted through Etsy by the author of the article and that got the ball rolling. I was so excited, shocked and most of all NERVOUS. Oh my goodness. I really cannot adequately express how very far out of my comfort zone I had to travel to do this.
Somehow I made it through the interview. It helps when the person conducting the interview is absolutely delightful, which she was. Then there was the matter of photographs. You know I would prefer do just about anything rather than have my picture taken, right? Long division, bathroom cleaning, untangling knots in embroidery floss - anything anything but don't take my picture! I managed to luck out again because they sent over a miracle worker makeup artist and a super talented photographer and somehow they transformed frumpy old me into this:
Oh my gosh, what an honor and a thrill! Thank you Ladies Home Journal!

14 comments:

Katie said...

Eeeeeeeeekkkk! How exciting, congratulations! I can't wait to see the article!

Bits of Stitching! said...

Congratulations!!!

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

Eeeeep! You look wonderful and it must be so exciting for you, congratulations!

Amy said...

Wow, congratulations! How cool. And you look marvelous!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!

Hattie Hen said...

Oh wow! How fabulous. Congratulations. You're so talented.

Glenda said...

That's so cool, Corinne!!! Congrats! I hope you see a spike in sales, and in blog visits, as a result :-).

(You're much cuter than Brooke. Just sayin'.)

Jamie B said...

Wow, that is awesome! I don't always read my LHJ (I have a subscription as part of a weird package deal thing, I don't know man), but I definitely will this month! I love your art and I can't wait to read this article.

Also, you're gorgeous. :D

A Peppermint Penguin said...

Congratulations!

Melinda said...

Corinne, Congratulations! Now I will have to purchase a copy of LHJ! Also, loved your stitchery and talent in Carina and Nichole's &Stitches.

Miss Holly said...

I just found you today...I am so excited!! I live to embroider....and your work is over the moon...I can not wait to read all of your posts ..oh and I will be buying stitches and of course LHJ!!!!
So happy for you!!!

Corinne said...

Thanks everyone! I really do have the nicest readers :D

Melissa Crowe said...

Oh, my! That's amazing. And you look GORGEOUS. My crush on you has just gone through the roof, thank you very much.

Scribble Scribe said...

Kelly linked this on fb. Congratulations! Your stuff is always so fun to see and I hope your sales take off thanks to some great exposure! :)
-Danni Smith