Sunday, May 13, 2012

why i turned out so great...haha

Happy Mother's Day! 
If you are a mom reading this I hope it's because someone else is taking care of the dishes and the laundry and the cooking and letting you have some quality surfing time. That's the only reason I am here at 9:00 on a Sunday - a time that is usually full of all of the above. (Thanks Vince!)
Anyway, I thought I would take this opportunity to share some of the things that make my own mom so amazing!
Here she is with twin newborns and a two year old. Does she looked stressed and frazzled? Nope! 
And I intentionally did not crop this so you could all see tiny little Will Shakespeare standing guard up on the shelf. He was a permanent fixture in the house when I was growing up.

 And if that wasn't cute enough check out this baptism photo:

So here is the short list of things that I love about my mom:
She is...

a writer
a reader
a knitter
a sewer (sewist?)
a bleeding heart liberal (and proud to say it!)

She loves...

Mountains
Books
Fabric
An underdog
Snow
John Denver
Mr. Rogers (who doesn't?)
Politics
History
Helping people

I could go on and on of course but you get the picture, right? She would be so mad if she saw that I put pictures of her up here - like me, she prefers a behind the scenes role. So, please don't tell her!
I wish I could say she was too busy spending time with me to read silly blogs anyway but sadly that is not the case this year. My lucky sisters in Nebraska get to do that. Don't worry though, I'm sure I'm still her favorite.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom - you are the best!

1 comment:

wrenandstitchy said...

I love these photos, Corinne, especially the baptism photo. I hope your mom had a lovely Mother's Day, and that you did, too!!