Thursday, June 14, 2012

now, where was i?

oh yes, beautiful Nebraska! We kicked off Summer vacation with a trip south to visit family. The first leg of the tour was a stop in Omaha where my grandmother, parents, all my sisters and almost all of my nieces/nephews were together - this is a very rare treat. I even got to go have lunch with just the girls - yea! Even though it wasn't that long ago (under two years) that we lived there, there have been a lot of changes in Omaha since we left. I didn't have a chance to see all of them but I definitely want to include that in my next visit.

Our next stop was a visit with Vince's parents in Verdigre - a tiny little town in northern Nebraska. Did you know there are still places where they will pump your gas for you? It's true!

It was so nice to escape for a little while and spend time with family. It seemed like a perfect way to start the season. We spent approximately 18 hours in the car when all was said and done and I don't plan to do that again for quite some time. I was sure to bring along some embroidery so I'll be sharing that little project soon. It's a special request from Vince's grandmother and I think, I hope, it will be really cute. More on that soon!

1 comment:

Melissa Crowe said...

They will still pump your gas for you in Presque Isle, Maine, too. :-)