Thursday, July 19, 2012

2013 - the slowest year ever

Finally I have crossed the finish line and calendars are in the shop. I won't even go into all the excuses I could give as to why something that I usually have available in Spring is just now arriving. * sigh * Anyway, here is what I came up with for 2013:

1. For the crafter who prefers a blank canvas we have this little number:

I used some bright colors for the text but left the top of this calendar panel completely blank for those who have their own ideas about how they would like to embellish their year.
2013 fabric calendar
 You might recognize it from the photos for the free embroidery pattern from a few weeks ago.
2013 septemberhouse fabric calendar

2. For the crafter who might need a tiny nudge but wants to add their own personal touch there is this calendar panel.
It has three printed frames into which you can place anything - photos, small embroidery patterns, fabric swatches - anything you like.
fabric calendar from septemberhouse
I just happened to have some cute photos on hand so I used those. I am also including a half sheet of inkjet photo paper with every panel so you don't even have to make a run to Office Max and buy a bunch of it to make this. 
fabric calendar from septemberhouse

3. Finally there is the retro inspired, vintage style "Good Day" panel available in pink and in aqua. These are pretty much ready to stitch right out of the envelope - no transferring patterns, no deciding on a pattern - just go. I am including a skein of sepia colored floss with every panel as well.
vintage style fabric calendar
 You can stitch them up a little or a lot - or even not at all. It's a design that could stand on it's own I think.
2013 vintage style calendar 
The other nifty thing is that when the year is over you can snip out the center design and frame it up in a six inch hoop and enjoy it for years to come. Practical - that's how I roll folks.
fabric calendars from septemberhouse
So that's the round up for this year. I guess my aim this year was to have something for everyone. We all know how easy that is, right? I actually had a lot of fun with these and I hope others will too. I don't know which is my favorite - there are certain qualities about each of them that I like. I may be slightly biased towards the one that has photos of one of my cute boys plastered all over it however.

If you think you might be up for a fun embroidery project and want to give these a go you can find these in both my Etsy shop and my Website.

And now that that's all done I officially need some chocolate!


wrenandstitchy said...

Nice variety of panels! I love the one with your boys' pics, and very cute to be able to cut out & hoop up the "Good Day" after the year's over.


Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh...better than ever! I love your calender panels - they are genius. I found out about them a few years ago from Craftster but by the time I remembered to get one, it was February (of the upcoming year) so annoying. I'm definitely getting one for 2013.