Thursday, July 5, 2012

can i interest you in a...

free embroidery pattern? Please help yourself to 4 Seasons Freestyle. A free embroidery pattern featuring some simple little designs for each season. I put this together to use for one of my calendar panel examples originally but it can be used for anything. I like the idea of framing them up in 4 inch and 3.5 x 5 inch hoops as well.
free embroidery pattern four seasons

The 'freestyle' part comes from the fact that I began with the outlines in a neutral color but left the filling up in the air - making it up as I went along. The idea was to be able to 'play' as I stitched - like coloring in a coloring book. I wanted to use a lot of different stitches and try some new things. Because the designs are relativity small, it lends itself to stitch sampling - there aren't huge spaces to commit to if you just want to try a filling technique.

four seasons embroidery patterns

The assortment of stitches I used include satin stitch, herringbone stitch, rows of chain stitches. My variegated flosses that had been waiting patiently in the flossbox to be used finally had their chance to shine. I love them but always have a hard time finding just the right application. This seemed like a really good fit.

free embroidery pattern from septemberhouse


seashell embroidery pattern

pinecone embroidery patternCalendar panels make their way onto the scene next so watch for those in the coming days.

10 comments:

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

These are lovely!

Corinne said...

Thanks Nicole. My "Summer" looks familiar doesn't it? I 'borrowed' from my fish pattern for that one :D

Heidi said...

Beautiful

CJG said...

I love this! I don't know whether to stitch them as a group or separate them. Thanks so much for sharing the pattern!

Hattie Hen said...

How gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them Corinne.
Sandra x

elyse said...

love this! always drawn to 4 seasons themes :) thanks for sharing!

Lee said...

Very very pretty! thank you!

Fifi said...

lovely!!!!!!!
thanks

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 3 post on Aug. 29, 2012. Thanks again.

Bits of Stitching! said...

These are beautiful, thanks a buch!