Sunday, July 15, 2012


Hi there, I'm sitting here enjoying some air conditioned comfort (whew!) and thought that  perhaps I should check in since I have been MIA for awhile. I have been scrambling here trying to do some serious catching up. There have been ornaments, calendars and some just-for-fun projects all going on at the same time. Of course when you do that, nothing actually gets done and that is exactly why I don't have much to share. One day I'll just finish everything at once and we will all be in for a shock.
Anyway, today we decided to be brave and venture out on a very hot and humid day to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. I have wanted to go for quite some time especially now that we are scouting out potential replacement trees for our backyard. So, we took a lot of photos like the one above. We came looking for trees but found dozens of flowers and shrubs we also liked. So we snapped photos of the labels for future reference.
And then there were the cute kid pics. I like to have these on hand so that when we look back on this day it won't be all the yelling and scolding we did that we will remember - it will be the adorable moments like these.
It's funny Vince and I both noticed a distinct absence of kids there today. I am pretty sure ours were the only ones there. I figure we were the only ones crazy enough to drag our wild boys out onto miles of nature trail in record heat (and expect that it might be fun). What can I say, we will never learn but we will always hope for the best.

1 comment:

wrenandstitchy said...

===What can I say, we will never learn but we will always hope for the best.===


I love that pic of both boys looking out over the railing =).