Sunday, July 22, 2012

more free style fun

See, I told you one day I would start to finish up some of my many ongoing projects and here I am with another one. This was something that was born out of some sketches for another project entirely.
It didn't work out for that original project but I still liked something about the little doodle and wanted to do something with it even if I wasn't sure exactly what it would be. Don't you love projects like that? I do! I knew these were the colors I wanted - something Fall-ish but not FALL, ya know?

                           
I told myself I wasn't allowed to hoop this up in an embroidery hoop when I was done either - I had to force myself to try something else. So, I pulled out the sewing machine and made this fabric frame. There is one thing nagging at me though and that is the pattered fabric. I really liked it on the bolt but when I see it here it reminds me of cheetah or leopard spots and if there is one thing I am NOT about it's animal prints.
So of course, that's the only thing I see when I look at this. Isn't that always the way. I'll get over it, I promise.

More soon-to-be completed projects coming soon to So September - stay tuned!

4 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

I thought "beach pebbles." Does that help? ;-)

Corinne said...

Now beach pebbles I like - yes that does help :D

Kathy said...

Very beautiful!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Aug. 29, 2012. Thanks again.