Wednesday, August 29, 2012

all is fair in...

I am such a good wife and mother - you all knew that right? I'm joking of course but I am giving myself a pat on the back for braving the Minnesota State Fair this week with my husband and two boys - who all really wanted to go. The State Fair is kind of a big deal here or at least it seems that way if you live in Saint Paul where the fair takes place. 
While I'm not big on huge crowds there are some things I really like about the fair. One is the livestock displays. It is so amazing to see all the animals up close and watch them being cared for. You really do gain a whole new respect for all the hard work that goes into it. And they are such beautiful creatures, in my humble opinion.
I also loved the Creative Activities building which housed the displays for all our favorite pastimes - baking, embroidery, sewing, knitting, quilting, woodworking, preserving. You and I know all the hard work, trial and error and time that goes into these things and the years and dedication it takes to master these skills. So, to see them all proudly displayed and to see these highly skilled craftspeople being recognized kind of warms my heart. 
Who doesn't love a wall full of jelly?
I'll leave you with a shot of my boys riding the ferris wheel (probably should have brought the telephoto lens for that shot, I know). Check out that perfect blue sky - what a way to say farewell to Summer, right?

Looking ahead to September there are some fun things happening at So September (I can't say what exactly because it's a secret right now) - I hope you'll stop by and take a peek!

No comments: