Friday, August 17, 2012

links for lunch - yum

It's coming whether you like it or not --- school. It may bring sad or happy thoughts - for me it's a little of both. Today I thought I would share some link love for anyone who is familiar with this struggle: what to put in that lunch bag! I have picky eaters so this can be a little tricky. In an effort to get more organized however, I have done some surfing to find a few resources to make this job a little easier (I hope). And of course I'm sharing them here with you!

DIY Lunch bags:

A cute embroidered number from the Purl Bee
all kinds of tutorials from WhipUp
a sweet little something from Sew Mama Sew
Lark Crafts Bento Box style lunch box
Martha's take on lunchbags

What to put inside:

A great little tool from Parenting Magazine
Great list if ideas from Wendolonia
Some make ahead ideas from My Recipes
Another meal planning tool
Cooking Light's round up of recipes and ideas

Add a bit of fun:

Lunchbox notes from Alphamom
A great list of 51(!) fun tuck ins
Ideas from Family Fun Magazine
Adorable printable notes from Weelife
Food ideas and printable fill-in notes

I am really hoping that all these great ideas floating around on the internet will inspire me to move beyond the peanut butter sandwich this year. I still have a few weeks to get organized since we don't start school here until after Labor Day. Who knows, my kid's lunch might end up being the envy of the whole cafeteria - you never know.


NanaBeast said...

Just a note to let you know I LOVE your new header! Now that I think of it, it may have something to do with the fact that green is my favorite color. But truly, I don't think that is why I love it so much.

For whatever reason, glad to see the fresh new look! Happy Autumn to you and yours.

Corinne said...

Thanks! :D
I had been meaning to give my blog a little touch up for quite awhile (I usually try to do that in January) but just got to it this month.
I'm so glad you like it!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Aug. 29, 2012. Thanks again.