Sunday, August 5, 2012
I have been watching more than I thought I would which happens every time they roll around. I'm not a sports person - I mean I am really not a sports person so it always surprises me how much time I end up parked in front of the tv to see who wins whatever competition happens to be on at the time.
Here are some of my thoughts and observations so far:
* Gabby Douglas - sooooo cute!
* Have you ever seen anything more tragic than winning a silver medal?? Oh my gosh, the looks of disappointment in their faces! I swear it's like you are better off coming in last than getting that dreadful horrible silver. That seems weird to me but I haven't dedicated my life to a sport either so what do I know?
* Someone simply must re-design the headgear in water polo. I know it's a tough sport - so why do they have to look like ninnies?
* The royal family - you guys are great and I know you are having a moment and all but I'm a little royaled-out.
* While I adored the Google doodles for the 2010 Winter Games I have been less impressed with this year's illustrations. The synchronized swimming one today was pretty great though.
* And finally....I should really get in shape!