Saturday, September 15, 2012

to: you from: me

Guess, what? I've got a little free printable to share with you all today. I'm keeping the birthday theme running for this Stitch-tember goody. This one was inspired by this dilemma:
Since we don't live near family we ship a lot of packages for birthdays and Christmas. I hate sending a bow-less gift BUT sometimes a bow just isn't going to make it over the miles, you know? If it stays on the gift at all it is surely smashed and bashed by the time it makes it arrival. I have been meaning to make a little digital version for some time now and Stitch-tember has inspired me to go ahead and get it done. So I'm sharing it with you today. Just click the link to download the Print-Snip-Ship bows file.
I had to try this out of course and here are some of the results. For the first one I printed one of the pre-colored pages (there are 5 in the file). I printed it onto white cardstock and trimmed it was done.
Then I used the page of blank bows and printed it on to yummy glittery gold paper. You can't see the sparkles as well above but look below!
 Ooohhh shiny!
 Then I tried it out on some origami paper

and some patterned scrapbook paper. Pretty!

So give it a go the next time you need to mail a gift and want to add a little something different to the front of your package. These would even be cute on the outside of the mailing box, wouldn't they? Just be sure to cover with clear packing tape. 
This digital file is several pages long and not all of the bow graphics are shown here. I think you will like what you find!
Please note this printable is for personal use only. Thanks!

4 comments:

CJG said...

What a great idea! And, I love how it looks when printed on origami or scrapbook paper. I also have some glitter paper that I couldn't think of how I should use it, so this is a perfect solution for that.

Thanks for sharing the printable!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Sep. 16, 2012. Thanks again.

wrenandstitchy said...

Super idea, Corinne! Thank you for sharing the printable, too =).

Afterthought: You might consider adding your blog URL to the other photos -- I could totally see one of those getting pinned and repinned and the original source URL getting lost along the way!

Glenda

Corinne said...

Thanks everyone and yes, Glenda, I really do need to take your suggestion and add some info to those photos.
I need to be more active in claiming my images - that's something I will be writing more about soon on my blog - it's NOT a happy story :(