Monday, January 14, 2013

there will be a quiz

Okay I realize my blackboard skills could use a little work and the sad part is that I had to make about 5 attempts just to get to that point. You'll forgive me though, right?

Anyway, I am happy to share that I have the privilege of teaching a wee little mini-course in embroidery at Peter's school! Session one was on Friday and in spite of my extreme nervousness it went really well (I think). I have 8 girls in my class and they have been just delightful. They are so patient with me even though I somehow manage to forget to share key pieces of information along the way. You just take so much for granted when you have done embroidery for so long. Those tiny steps you take along the way without even thinking are actually pretty important when you are doing it for the first time.

So, I will try to remind myself of that as I gear up for session two this coming Friday. There are only three sessions in all and already I wish there were more. There just isn't enough time to do everything I want to do. I think that is my crafty theme song and I know I sing it all the time so it shouldn't surprise you that I am once again complaining about a shortage of time. So far we have started a very simple and small sampler and I am going to try to squeeze in a bookmark project as well.

Way back in my pre-husband and children days I worked with kids and taught some art classes/workshops as part of my job. I remember liking it but I think I had forgotten all the reasons why. Some of those reasons are popping back in my mind now as I take on this project and let me tell you, it is fun.

3 comments:

Paula Marcondes said...

This must be a universe conspiration - I have made a project for this year, for some workshops with mothers and daughters - the mothers are my students and they will bring them to our classroom to make some fun things with embroidery. You can se my post about it here:
http://oficiodaagulha.blogspot.com.br/2013/01/mamae-filhinha.html
There is some links to posts about teaching kids. And you are wright - this is fun!

Sarah said...

I teach sewing and embroidery classes and I absolutely love it. The girls I teach are wonderful! Their enthusiasm and creativity blow me away. You are right...it is fun!!

cheap hockey jerseys said...

I teach sewing and embroidery and I absolutely love it. The girl I teach is wonderful! Their enthusiasm and creativity to blow me away. You are right... It is interesting! !