Saturday, March 16, 2013

visiting old friends

Still here guys, I swear I am! I apologize for being so quiet lately. Like everyone I have been keeping myself busy. Lots of old friends have come by for a visit lately though and I must say, it has been nice to see them again. I had the opportunity to stitch up a set of towels featuring the Wig Wonderful ladies not long ago.
I also had the pleasure of sewing up a pillow cover with the Sailor bunny panel like this one:
It's been like a little SeptemberHouse reunion these days! I'm making way for new family members as well so I'm going full speed ahead. 

A couple bugs came through the house too and I am happy to report that I did NOT catch any of them - hooray!!!! Oh geez, I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I won't think about that right now, I'll just focus on the fact that, at the moment, everyone is healthy in our house and I hope it stays that way. 

As for my bad blogging lately I'm not sure what to do. I came across the book Blogging for Creatives recently and thought, gosh, maybe I should read up on this topic- get a plan together and really shine up ol' "So September". The more I thought about it the less enthusiastic I was about that idea. I really try to run SeptemberHouse according to the rules and advice of the crafting/ecommerce world. I read up on SEO, marketing, taxes - all of that boring stuff. But my blog, well, that's the place where I can let my hair down a bit and relax about the 'rules'. I don't want it to become a place where I have to follow a formula. I hope that's okay if I am a little rough around the edges here - I don't mind if you don't.  Besides, if I set those strict guidelines all my humor AND grammatical errors would never come through and then what would you all laugh at, am I right?

Thanks for hanging in there with me guys, I appreciate it!


Anonymous said...

I do love the wig ladies =).

Since Google Reader will be going away, I'm going ahead and phasing out my habit of following blogs. However, I do still visit Flickr regularly and will see your beautiful embroidery work there, Corinne!


vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinne said...

I was so surprised and disappointed to learn that Google was phasing out their Reader. I guess I will have to see what else is out there to replace it. I'll still be on flickr too though so our paths will still cross there. :) I just hope flickr doesn't go away too!