Wednesday, March 20, 2013

wind & water arrives

cherry blossom embroidery pattern, japanese hand embroidery patterns by SeptemberHouse
It has been a while since I have had the pleasure of introducing a new embroidery pattern collection which makes it even sweeter to be able to do it today. So, Introducing...Wind & Water: a collection of hand embroidery patterns inspired by Japan! Available at the SeptemberHouse Webstore and in the SeptemberHouse Etsy shop.
Japanese embroidery designs cherry blossom hand embroidery pattern
What was the hardest part of designing this collection? Narrowing down my ideas of course. I found that to be the case when I made the Stitches del Sol and the Scandistitches pattern sets as well. Once you start wandering through the subject matter is it impossible not to get a little lost (in a good way!)

japanese hand embroidery patterns by SeptemberHouse
 My wanderings for Wind & Water lead me to origami papers, silk kimonos, family crests, woodblock prints , japanese gardens (swoon!) and more. Now you can see how one might linger a little longer, right?
dragonfly hand embroidery pattern, japanese designs
I hope I harnessed a tiny bit of the grace and wonder I found in my research for these patterns and that people will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them. I tried to include something for everyone here - some simple designs for beginners and some more complex designs for those who want to go a bit farther with their needlework.
japanese hand embroidery designs floral pattern

floral embroidery motif, hand embroidery by SeptemberHouse
Four of the embroidery patterns are round but the last one is set up as a continuous design. It lines up on either side so that it can be expanded and go on and on and on... like the ocean. Your fingers might go numb if you wander too far though! 

Japanese Boats hand embroidery design

modern hand embroidery by SeptemberHouse
I know I enjoyed my journey as I put this set together and would you believe the next one is already in the works? It's true!

9 comments:

nicole follow the white bunny said...

Love your new patterns! xo

sew jenaissance said...

Beautifully designed and stitched! :)

Hattie Hen said...

This whole set is just gorgeous! At the risk of sounding greedy; I can't wait to see the next one too!

Ann said...

Those are really lovely. Congratulations!

Corinne said...

Thanks everyone! :D

Melissa Crowe said...

Beautiful! They have a very peaceful feeling to them.

EmSewCrazy said...

These are lovely! Makes me want to pick up needle and thread again.

Angela said...

きれい!These are so pretty! I especially love the cherry blossom buds. The sakura trees in Tokyo are just starting to bloom this week, so this is timed perfectly!

Tom Jui said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.