Wednesday, May 8, 2013

what could be better...

...than spending a morning 'flying' around the living room in your cardboard airplane? There was some disappointment that it never got off the ground and when I explained that I do not have access to actual airplane parts Adam suggested that we just cut out all the airplane parts we would need out if cardboard and put those together. Yes, I suppose that is another option. Due to time constrictions and lack of any mechanical knowledge we decided to stick with the box for now.

*sigh* That's my Adam. At age 5 1/2 he is so sweet, curious, persistent and energetic. He has become a bit of an attention vortex lately and admittedly I am a big part of that - the clock is ticking  and as the end of the school year quickly approaches my days with him are winding down. We have been lucky, I have had him all to myself for most school days for the past 4 years. Next year he will start school and, oh my gosh, so much will be changing. Lately I have had an intense awareness of the changes ahead and have been trying to hang on tightly to the time I have left with him before he starts his school adventure. So, as a result I have been tucking embroidery away more often and playing even more games of Memory (I'm terrible at that one!), hunting for more bugs, baking more cookies and holding onto those hugs a few seconds longer than I used to.

The shop and the blog are a little more quiet but my house is a little more loud for now. It will change again in time and I look forward to that as well. And I will do my best to not bore you too much with all my introspection, reflection on my past ten years as a stay at home mom, or all my excitement and anxiety about what lies ahead. Know that all of that is completely dominating my brain these days though, so it may creep out now and then over the next few months. Advice from anyone who has gone through this transition is welcome!!

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

I've been through it with my nearly-ten-year-old, and I'll be going through it again with my three-year-old as next year is her last at pre-school, then it's off to big school all day every day! You're doing all the right things, I cherished every minute and let all else fall by the wayside. The walk home from school becomes prime chat time, as excited big girl tells me all about her day! - Chrissie x

Corinne said...

Thanks Chrissie :D
I agree about that walk home from school. I have a nearly ten year old as well and I LOVE that walk with him to or from school (Adam doesn't but he hangs in there anyway!). Those walks are when we have some of our very best conversations.

ali khan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clark Thomas said...

I cherished every minute and let all else fall by the wayside. The walk home from school becomes prime chat time, as excited big girl tells me all about her day!Challenge coins