Sunday, August 4, 2013

hidden treasures

vintage wall paper, wood paneling
Look what I found hiding behind the wood paneling in our house. Don't you love little suprises like that? Here's the truth guys - I don't hate it. I actually think it's quite charming and it reminds me of the sewing room my mom had when I was growing up that was all done up in these colors. I distinctly remember curling up with a book in the gigantic white wicker chair that was in the corner surrounded by bright green and yellow. ah memories.

Back to present day...
I decided one of the many many things I wanted to get done this Summer was painting both of the boys' rooms. Painting, that's easy right? No big deal, right? Well, here is is August and I haven't done a thing to make it happen. *sigh*

Today that changed though. Adam's room was chock full of paneling so the retro-fabulous wallpaper was discovered at demolition time this afternoon. Adam thought it was awesome to find something unexpected behind the walls but was quick to add that he didn't want it in his room. So, off it came. 

Next I'll have a lot of scraping, scrubbing and hole filling to do to make the walls ready to be painted. I'm so excited to see how it looks when it's done though so I'll be eager to take on even the most mundane of tasks. I'll be sure to post when it's all complete!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's definitely neat, but I don't think I could put up with a whole room of it! Kind of like that ancient linoleum we unearthed in the boys' room...