Friday, September 27, 2013

color wonders

Here I am at about the halfway point in the pattern making process which is when some of my favorite and least favorite "to-do"s happen.

Stitching up examples is something I really look forward to from the moment I start sketching. Not every pattern designer does this and it's not even entirely necessary - so why bother? Well, like I said, it's fun. I really can't imagine not wanting to see your design come to life in floss. It always takes on a new look at that point and the curiosity would kill me if I didn't give it a go.

Secondly, it gives you a chance to see where improvements might be made in your design. What stitches will work here and which won't? how many strands of floss will work best? and what size is ideal for this design? These are questions that get answered when you stitch up your patterns and I think they are important.

Some of my less loved tasks include choosing colors. These are some of the floss and fabric colors in the running this time around. You can see I have not strayed too far from my comfort zone! Most likely there will be some changes here and there before all is said and done.

So what, you may be wondering, is the theme of this new set? Well, I can't give that away entirely just yet but I will say that that it has a Winter feel, but not necessary a holiday feel. You'll also notice a vintage but modern look too which is something I always strive to create.

When will it make it's premiere? Well, yesterday of course! Oh no, wait, that was my goal but I assure you that did not happen. Can I just say ASAP? I'll be sure to let you know!

No comments: