Tuesday, January 27, 2015

new diy embroidery kits premiere at septemberhouse

hand embroidery kit sampler magnets set from septemberhouse

There is something new at SeptemberHouse today - I love it when I get to say that! These DIY sampler magnet kits were a result of several requests from customers who are enthusiastic embroiderists. While these sampler magnets are a popular item in the shop, some wondered why I got to have all the fun - might they have a go at it too?

Modern embroidery sampler buttons hand embroidery kit from septemberhouse

It's funny because that is probably exactly what I would think if I saw these (and if I were not me). So, after several weeks of pencil chewing and figuring out to pull these together in the most effective way, here they are.
DIY sampler buttons hand embroidery kit from septemberhouse

At this point they are available in two color schemes. The Hopscotch and Treehouse collections are both on the shop shelves. I held back on a set for the Confection color scheme which will most likely be riding off into the sugary sunset) I will see how these go and perhaps add more color and design options in the future.


Each kit contains: a preprinted fabric panel with four designs so you can make a complete set of magnets, the metal button pieces and button setter tool, instructions, interfacing, and embroidery floss. The only things that are need but are not included are a needle, scissors, an iron and a small embroidery hoop if you like to use a hoop when you embroider (truth be told I usually do  not use a hoop when I embroider mine)

hand embroidery kit sampler magnets set from septemberhouse

And all those supplies are tucked neatly in a box so they travel nicely and they also are all set to give as a gift if you have crafty friends who might enjoy a little project like this one.

Modern embroidery sampler buttons hand embroidery kit from septemberhouse

For those less inclined to embroider I still have the completed sets available (I still want to have some fun with these too you know).

Modern embroidery sampler buttons hand embroidery kit from septemberhouse

I enjoyed putting these together and cannot wait to see what people think!

DIY sampler buttons hand embroidery kit from septemberhouse

2 comments:

CJG said...

I love kits! So, of course I had to have them (plus one of the last calendar panels :) ). They'll give me motivation to embroider more and organize my craft room so I can hang a magnet board.

Corinne said...

Yay! I am so glad that you like them and I hope you have lots of fun stitching these up - THANK YOU!! :D