Tuesday, March 24, 2015

pattern premiere week - modern monograms

alphabet embroidery patterns by septemberhouse monogram patterns

Today I am revealing what has kept me so quiet over the past few months. After hemming and hawing over whether or not to take on a project this big I decided to give it a try. There are not one but three alphabet pattern sets now available at SeptemberHouse!

alphabet embroidery patterns by septemberhouse monogram patterns
starlight letter patterns
These are available as full alphabets or single letters (the single letter patterns have designs for all three styles but for a single letter).

alphabet embroidery patterns by septemberhouse monogram patterns
floral letter patterns
No, I did not stitch up examples for all 26 letters in each style (let's see, that would be 78 examples to stitch!) that might have been the end of my eyesight and maybe even my sanity. Hopefully the examples I did stitch give a good sense of how the style looks. There are some digital renderings on the pattern listings too so I hope that will be helpful too.

art deco alphabet embroidery patterns by septemberhouse monogram patterns
art deco letter patterns

The three styles I narrowed it down to were a floral style that is kind of swirly and fun. It has a few options for stitching too - the 'shadow' and the outline can both be omitted if that is preferred so it can be made a little simpler than it is shown. And art deco inspired design is also available. I love the way the colors look together on my stitched example but I confess, I had an inkling to try it in metallic gold or silver - can you imagine? That metallic thread can be so tricky though so I chickened opted out. You have to admit though - that would have really given it an art deco flair, am I right? Perhaps a bolder embroiderist will take on that challenge.

The last design is probably my favorite. It's the simplest but I think it's also the cleanest. I called it "Starlight" due to the starburst in the center (and because I could not think up anything else). I added some lengths of 1.5mm cording underneath my satin stitches to give it some added dimension and I LOVE the way it turned out. That is a really easy way to add a little something extra to your embroidery.

Thanks for taking a peek at these new designs, I am thrilled to be able to share them with you today. One more pattern premiere is coming this week!


sequana said...

You already know how much I love your work, and this new venture is no exception. The Art Deco is my fave by just a sliver. I'll need to save my pennies won't I?

TaNuja said...

How lovely are these!