Thursday, April 9, 2015

craft confession March - sewing

sunglasses cases sewing project septemberhouse

I am finally documenting my craft confession from March and even though it's a little tardy, I am still so glad to be able to share it with you today. For March I took on a sewing project. I know I said I would be trying things I have not done before and I HAVE sewed so there is another confession right there. BUT this is a project that has been sitting there on one of my Pinterest boards for quite some time but I never had the guts to try to make it.

sunglasses cases sewing project septemberhouse

I figured my intimidation made it the perfect project to take on so I gave it a go. The pattern and tutorial for this sunglasses case were so generously provided by Thread Riding Hood She gives directions for three variations too. A big huge Thank You to her for that.

sunglasses cases sewing project septemberhouse

This project called for plastic canvas as a support which I have never used in a sewing project before but it is actually pretty ingenious! The result is a very sturdy and cute case to keep your sunnies secure and protected. I had some of vintage lawn chair fabric leftover from the totebag I made a while back so I thought it would be a fun design for Summertime. My stitching isn't perfect and there were a couple of steps in the process that my sewing machine did NOT like but overall it turned out to be a much friendlier project than I anticipated.

I am so glad I took the time to do this. Without the Crafting Confession prompt I probably would have just let this project sit on Pinterest for years. More experienced sewists would find this project to be oh sew :) easy peasy so if you have a fabric stash to bust through or are looking for a quick gift this might be just the thing for you.


Salvia said...

Your case is very cute. I love the fabric. And I should make one for myself, because my little one almost destroyed my glasses today.

Corinne said...

Thanks Salvia! I have lost some glasses that way too :D