Tuesday, July 7, 2015

2016 DIY calendar fun

2016 DIY calendar panel fabric calendar by septemberhouse

There's really no reason why I can't have a little fun with these too, right? I just couldn't help myself and whipped up a 2016 calendar panel for myself using some simple flower designs. 

floral applique fabric DIY for 2016 calendar panels

I found these beautiful flower templates when I read the book, Urban Scandinavian Sewing: 18 Season Projects for Modern Living by Kirstyn Cogan. They were tucked in among all the wonderful project there.

floral applique tutorial DIY fabric applique project

I finished off my sides with some homemade binding tape and used solid cotton fabric is a variety of colors. Oh and don't forget buttons - everything pops with a few buttons thrown in the mix, right?
This was a super easy project that I was able to complete in just a few hours and I love the results. I still want to make one of the tall skinny panels because I have a few ideas for those as well!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love this! This feels like something I might actually be able to finish...since I still haven't finished my 2015 calendar panel... :)

Corinne said...

Thanks Stephanie! This project DID come together faster than I thought it would. Usually my projects take much LONGER than I thought they would so that was a nice surprise :).