Tuesday, October 6, 2015

you want it, you need it

I gotta tell ya,


I ♥ my DMC floss color card! Why did I not seek this out and make it mine years ago? Well, I guess because I had heard rumors and complaints that these were no longer available or that they were outrageously expensive and wouldn't you know it - both of those statements are wrong. 


I am so glad I looked into it further. When I began my search I was coming across a lot of the photographed/printed color guides which wasn't what I really wanted, I knew I was going to need something more accurate than that. And yes, I did contemplate making my own - boy am I glad I abandoned that idea! It would take me years to create something as organized and complete as this baby. 


I did just a bit of digging and there on the DMC website was this gem at a price that I found to be perfectly reasonable. Especially considering the use I was going to get out of it. These are actual floss samples of regular DMC floss plus the specialty flosses. Now I can shop for floss online knowing exactly what colors I want and need. I can also find color matches when I need to identify a color from a project and I lost my little paper band (happens all the time!). And I don't need to drag my project and myself to the fabric store to do it! It also comes in handy when choosing colors for a new project. I love it!

5 comments:

Zoe said...

I love it too. I mostly just open it and admire it. It's so pretty! All those colors, just there to be looked at and lightly brushed with clean hands. :)

Corinne said...

Yes! I just have to laugh when I think about what I would have come up with had I tried to make something like this myself - it would never be THAT perfect :)

Hattie Hen said...

I had no idea you could buy these! I thought they just had them in the shops. How fabulous. My Mum asked me a few weeks ago "Do you have a colour card for DMC floss?" I soon will have now!

Corinne said...

You are going to LOVE it :)

Beulah said...

Mine is only pictures of the different colors, no actual threads, no concern about especially clean hands. At $20 four years ago it was not a bargin. It really helps in selecting ideal shades to finish projects needing "something" else.