Thursday, April 14, 2016

holiday ornaments for 2016 - early bird edition

Personalized Baby's First Christmas Holiday Ornament Woodland Deer design
I realize that at this point in the year we are actually closer to Christmas 2015 than we are to Christmas 2016 but you know how it is around here - it's best to get a jump on these things. Plus, I had started thinking through a re-design last Fall so I was itching to get started on these.
Personalized Baby's First Christmas Holiday Ornament Polar Bear design
I've bumped up the designs this year from 4 in 2015 to 7 in 2016. There were a few more that I wanted to include but they didn't quite make the cut. With some tweaking they might make an appearance at some point though - I hate to just let them go. 
Personalized Baby's First Christmas Holiday Ornament Penguin design
The hoops are gone this year too in favor of a new engraved wood frame that I love. I am so happy with that aspect of these - I just think it gives these such a clean and modern look. 
Personalized Baby's First Christmas Holiday Ornament Woodland Bear design
The new frames make these just a bit larger than the hooped ornaments and they measure 3.25 inches across (with the bump out for the hanger on top the top to bottom measurement is slightly more than that) 
Personalized Baby's First Christmas Holiday Ornament Pink Elephant design

Personalized Baby's First Christmas Holiday Ornament Blue Elephant design
And yes, even though I am so mad at the naughty squirrels in our backyard who refuse to share any birdseed at all with our winged friends, I still felt compelled to make this little guy. And see how he has an acorn instead of birdseed?? Other squirrels take note - an acorn is a perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) snack. 
Personalized Baby's First Christmas Holiday Ornament Squirrel design
These new ornaments can be found in the SeptemberHouse Etsy shop and the SeptemberHouse shop on Amazon. Thanks for taking an early peek at these. And now...back to Spring!

5 comments:

InnaC said...

These are wonderful! I love the frames too!

Alison Stokes said...

I love these too! Really neat frames and all the little guys are so cute. I made a little felt fawn as part of my Christmas collection too - with a knitted scarf.

Corinne said...

Thank you Inna and Alison! :) There is just something about a tiny scarf that makes all animals cuter, don't you think? It's like a magic accessory :D

Jodie said...

These are scrumptious !!!!

Corinne said...

What a generous adjective, Jodie! :D - thank you so much!