Friday, April 29, 2016

quick - stitch this!

Today I have just a little something to share with you. Actually 60 little somethings....
Mini Embroidery Patterns by SeptemberHouse
It's a brand new pattern collection called, "Quick Stitch". It's a departure from my usual pattern sets but it was born out of necessity (as all great things are, right?) Here is the scoop:
Mini Embroidery Pattern Collection by SeptemberHouse
In a moment of either genius or insanity - I am not sure which - I decided I wanted to add some embroidered embellishment to some canvas shoes. I started rummaging though my patterns to find something I could use but wasn't having any luck - I didn't need a large detailed pattern - just some small elements. 
Mini Embroidery Pattern Collection by SeptemberHouse
Then it struck me that the need for some small designs to liven up a sewing or craft project is something I run into fairly often. If I was running into that I guessed other people were as well. That is when Quick Stitch was born. 

In this pattern collection there are 60 different designs that are about 2 x 2 inches. They can be stitched up quickly using even the most basic of embroidery stitches. There is a huge variety here as well - plants, animals, weather, words, food - so much to choose from. I think (and hope) that people will get a lot of use out of this set and will have fun in the process. 

As you can see I stitched up a few examples myself. I used one of the flower designs on a zipper pouch and made a large embroidered magnet for a friend with the Matroyshka doll design. Need ideas for projects that beg for a bit of embroidered awesomeness? I have a list that I gathered that features fabric projects that would look great with a bit of added embroidery. Take a look at some of the wonderful tutorials here and a big HUGE thank you to all the lovely bloggers who shared these - I am so grateful to you! 

And if you aren't big on sewing you can always add these on to store bought items like clothing, lampshades, table linens, curtains and ...shoes, of course.

potholders from aesthetic nest

fabric wrist cuff from make something special

cord keeper from love to sew

fabric headband from Happy Together

dishtowels from Craftiness is not Optional

key chains from Craftiness is not Optional

bookmarks from the Crafty Mummy

phone wallet from Crafty Little Projects

eyeglass/sunglasses case from Crazy Little Projects

fabric light switch plates from Vicki Howell

fabric banner from Sisters, What?

mini pincushions from Sew Can She

pocket hand warmers from Leaves and Stitches

fabric bins from Birch Fabrics

cloth napkins from Kirtsy

reversible coffee cozy from Love2Create

reversible hat from Martha Stewart

tissue pack cover from Better Homes and Gardens

tissue box slipcover from Go Gingham

potholders from Miss Mary Sews

toddler neckties from Vanilla Joy



No comments: