Wednesday, April 13, 2016

remember when...

... I used to write posts for my blog?

I suppose I will have to blame my absence on the weather - I like to blame just about everything on the weather. After the holidays when winter really settles in I tend to shift into 'hunker down' mode. It's during this time that I attempt to squeeze in as much as I can while school is still in session and things are relatively slow in the shop.

From the dark cold months spent in my basement (I know it sounds depressing but it's not, I swear) I managed to get the bare bones of a SeptemberHouse website started, I took my first shot at a video for my Etsy shop, I completely re-designed my holiday ornaments for 2016 - stop back and see those later this week, I pulled together a new calendar panel design for 2017 - coming to the shop shelves soon, and I have nearly - but not quite - finished up a new pattern set. Every gap between those projects was quickly filled with self-schooling on all things SeptemberHouse related and experimenting with some projects that may or may not end up turning into anything at all. It may sound like I was hyper-focused but looking back, those months felt more frantic than focused.

Learning some new tricks over these past few months has been exciting and challenging. You know how it goes with things like that though, right? The momentum builds and before you know it you have taken on much more than you originally intended - and then your blog gets neglected. So maybe it's time to scale back a little and take a deep breath.

With that being said I am now going to break the golden rule of blogging - you know the one - "Thou shall not post without photos". I promise I will be back soon with photos of some recent projects and I hope you will join me then. In the meantime I would love to hear how you spent those long winter months and what lies ahead for you in the Spring.

No comments: